Tuesday 8 April 2014

Sabah Adventure Challenge Ultra Trail Solo 2014 (Pre - Event)

Here I am again, "with great clicking comes great responsibilities". I've moved to Kuala Lumpur almost up to 9 months now. Faster pace of life, not very nice smelling atmosphere and yes of course, TRAFFIC JAMS

Doing the race this year again. Its on the Good Friday Long Weekend (18-19-20th April 2014). After last year's shock of suddenly emerging as 1st runner up in the SAC 2013 Ultra Trail Run, would have been at the top position if not for ordering the fried rice which never appeared after waiting for almost an hour at the restaurant just outside of Kinabalu Park. So I had no regrets without expectations. I love SAC particularly when they give you maps and you've got to use your brains at least with the compass (This is because I use the compass a lot and do a lot of mapping work - Thank you DHI(DanishHydraulicInstitute)Water and Environment!!!!). I prefer races with brains and brawn, which then you can see a difference in time later on when navigation comes into practice.

Best thing you could ever had is to meet not only your buddies whom you have met over the years doing ultra trail running, but also new fellow friends from around the world, as well as transitioners (road runners converting into trail runners- well done!!!!)

I don't personally love road running, but sometimes it seems like the only place left to train on, I try to do off road as much as possible. Look at the figure below, isn't it way way better on a single track to freedom and fresh air than on a man made road? Trails gives you less injuries if you build yourself up the proper way with it. BITUMEN IS BORING!!!

I don't do races for the money or cash prize. I do it for the passion and the camaraderie. True trail running tribes truly makes you feel so much more happier.

Source: http://pacerfilms.tv/tag/trail-running/


Its SAC's 15th anniversary this year since its inception. Hence, the outdoor camping style this time around. This I can't wait. So....preparation. As usual:

  1. Register and Payment
  2. Visa (I'm Malaysian, but I get 90 days from when I enter East Malaysia, weird huh?)
  3. Check your flights
  4. Transport and Accommodation
  5. Race Rules and Regulations
  6. Mandatory List
  7. Equipments
  8. FOOD, Nutrition for the race 

Anyway, looking forward to the race. Total female participants updated in the website is 24/112 participants (including me, not updated in the list for now). I have no expectations to win but definitely itching to run the new trails designed by Claus this year, as well as the ever dedicated team who goes out there to fight till the end to make sure the course is safe for us.

See you there!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment